I love taking pictures (as many of you already know), but I have become a little obsessed with always trying to get everything "right." So, in order to save our marriage, my husband has declared that every now and again I must put the camera on auto and just snap some pictures. Here are our days in snaps (not all of them are in auto -- just don't tell Ron).

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rewind to July

I've probably lost most of the few readers of this blog -- it has been a hectic few months. We had a wonderful Christmas and I know I should be posting pictures of that, but my anal-retentive nature is making me go back to July to edit pictures so that I can keep them in order. Please bear with me.

A couple updates:

*The house remodel is finished (except for a couple minor things--Ronnie lost his motivation towards the end which is understandable.)

*I am in my new office, but we still have to move back in cabinets and such from the shop.

*We are STILL working on potty-training with Carsyn. Nuff said!

*Gatlin is an obsessive Lego and Tinker Toy builder, and we are not to touch his creations.

*We are all getting ready to turn a year older in January, though the kids are bit more excited than their parents.


Back to July:

Here are a few pictures from our garden. This was our first year planting potatoes. The kids loved digging them up.


And here are our purple potatoes. We got many more purple potatoes than any of the others.

I am not sure if it is just in my mind, but I do think the purple potatoes taste differently (I wasn't a big fan). Aunt Bev made creamed purple potatoes and peas from those that we brought her and seemed to like them. If we grow them again next year, I guess I'll give them another chance.
My purple mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment