I love taking pictures (as many of you already know), but I have become a little obsessed with always trying to get everything "right." So, in order to save our marriage, my husband has declared that every now and again I must put the camera on auto and just snap some pictures. Here are our days in snaps (not all of them are in auto -- just don't tell Ron).

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Gatlin Turns 5

He was pretty excited for his birthday this year (Jan. 20) -- finally understanding what the whole birthday thing is about. He is also pretty convinced that because he is 5, he can now do more. The morning of his birthday he wanted something opened and I didn't have the time right at the moment. Well, he managed it himself, and then he told me, "See I did it all by myself. It's because I'm 5 now, right?" I also laugh because he swears he can now run faster too.


My little guy is bossy, particular, and a bit of perfectionist(I know, I know, he got that from me), but he is also so smart and has a big heart. I can't help not wanting him to grow up, but I am also excited to see what the future holds for him.

Happy Birthday to our family! I'm glad the January b-day season is over and maybe we can have a few relatively peaceful months. Things haven't slowed down around here since October!

1 comment:

  1. It cracks me up that you all have January birthdays. Did you plan that? Love the pictures of the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete