I love taking pictures (as many of you already know), but I have become a little obsessed with always trying to get everything "right." So, in order to save our marriage, my husband has declared that every now and again I must put the camera on auto and just snap some pictures. Here are our days in snaps (not all of them are in auto -- just don't tell Ron).

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sharing a Family Pic



Just wanted to share a picture from while we were in Silverton way back in July. Yes, I'm still soooooo far behind. I have actually been pretty busy the last two months, so not much time for personal stuff. Thanks to my sister-in-law Chancie for taking some shots of us. She did a really good job!

We are plugging along. Gatlin is busy with school and soccer (I'll have to get some pictures up soon). Carsyn and I just chase after him it seems. Ronnie is still putting in long hours working on the house. We hired out the drywall portion, and they were here all last week. Talk about a filthy house -- I had a thick coat of white dust all over everything. I'm glad that part is over, and hopefully the painters will be out next week. Can't wait until the project is finished!

And a bit of sad news (especially for Gatlin). Some of you might remember his duck, Slanky. Well, we are not sure what happened, but Ron found Slanky dead (no apparent trauma) tonight. It is just a hard thing to try and explain to a kid . . . so many questions, misunderstandings, confusion. Gatlin and Slanky hadn't been too close for a while now. The duck really only wanted to hang out with his chicken friends and didn't want much to do with Gatlin, but it still upset Gatlin (and momma who had to try to explain the whole concept again this year).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! Oh I can so relate to the dust. When we remodeled and put in a pantry I thought I'd never get rid of it. I love the family picture and the one of Carsyn hanging out of the window.

    ReplyDelete